ad on ipad iOS 7.1 not working [SOLVED]

jomish

I have recentley submitted my game for review to iOS.  They rejected the app because the app is missing an ad when played on iPad iOS 7.1, resulting in a bug.  Perhaps there is something I am missing in the code, but I would think that if it works for the iPhone it should also work for the iPad.

Anyone having this issue?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:23:10 am by jomish »

rob1221

Is this iAd or another ad type?  If it's iAd, the problem may be related to Apple's recent changes.

jomish

thank you for the prompt reply.

yes, it is iAd... is there an estimated time for a fix?

rob1221

No there isn't.  I don't even know what needs to be fixed or who needs to fix it (probably the OpenFL devs though).

jomish

in that case, is there a way around it that I could use until iAd is working instead?

Jon

This appears not to be specific to us.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22334699/upgraded-to-ios-7-1-iad-now-broken

Just to make sure, if you could attach your iOS device's logs for a run of the game, we could check and see what's showing up in the console. (You can grab this from Xcode's Organizer or via an app installed to the device.)

If it's anything like this, everything's fine and you should resubmit your app.

Error Domain=ADErrorDomain Code=3 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Ad inventory unavailable" UserInfo=0x111111111 {ADInternalErrorCode=3, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Ad inventory unavailable, ADInternalErrorDomain=ADErrorDomain}

jomish

The app itself was fine.  I just had a feature included that if they touched the ad, they would be rewarded with a bonus round.  I will just take out that text for now, so it will not be labeled as a bug.  Hopefully they fix this soon