TFPS Online!

IndieGoGo Project: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tfps-online--2#/story

TFPS Online is an immersive free-for-all tactical FPS. Your actions depict the end result. With tactical equipment and weapons, you can create your plan to win it all. With a variety of equipment. Smoke Grenades, Flashbangs, Regular Grenades, The "Seflie - Stick", Claymores, and Laser C4. All this equipment will help you plan your strategy to kill every other hit man in the building. With one map(In Development), and a load of enemies. Also included is a Vent System in which the player can use to travel, hide, or plan out traps. Gamemodes are Last Team Standing, and FFA.

With time and Concentration we can get all of this done. I hope you guys look into this as we are deleting the demos to non playable and are only going to show images.

We need $500 USD. The reason is we need to get better equipment so the game can look more defined and atmospheric. We also are planning to port over to CryEngine, and we need money to buy a commercial license. This money will also help for assets we can buy and use scripts to put into our game! If you support you will get premium inside the game and on the forums! You will also get a tag that glows green and looks like [GoGoSup+].

The Impact will just be a nice community driven Tactical FPS game! There are no risks or challenges we are planning to proceed upon currently! But we will update if there is one!

IndieGoGo Project: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tfps-online--2#/story

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:47:12 pm by EliteGamesIndustries »

SadiQ

I'll write a few notes about the writing of this post and why it has high chances of failing to attract people.
I'm extremely upset, so i suggest you don't take this the wrong way!!
Maybe even stop reading below this point.

With tactical equipment and weapons, you can create your plan to win it all. With a variety of equipment. Smoke Grenades, Flashbangs, Regular Grenades, The "Seflie - Stick", Claymores, and Laser C4.
You create a plan based on the choices of weapons and equipment you have at the start of the match, and a lot of other factors like the rules of the game, opponents, your current skill in that game, map layout and so on.

Variety of equipment...where's that? All you mention are the same ones available in every other shooter out there and some "selfie" thing (probably involves taking pictures of your opponents). Nothing peaks my interest so far.

Did I read the word "weapons" ?? And nothing about them? Verbal weapons? Written weapons? Stones and sticks? Maybe we'll just tickle our opponents or something?

All this equipment will help you plan your strategy to kill every other hit man in the building. With one map(In Development), and a load of enemies. Also included is a Vent System in which the player can use to travel, hide, or plan out traps. Gamemodes are Last Team Standing, and FFA.
Feels like I've read the first sentence before.

"building"?? So it's a tactical shooter based on killing everyone in some building?  Why would I need all the tactical equipment for? Can't use grenades in a building because there may be innocent people in there (since the purpose of a building is to house families), can't use smoke grenades, can't use any mines in there and there's no way you're supposed to use plastic explosive in a building. Even if it has the word "Laser" in front of it (I do imagine it's the brand of the explosive).

Guess I'll use only weapons in the game and ignore the tactical equipment. I'll storm in and blast everything in sight, even if I'll only use a small part of what the game provides as options. I don;t care how much effort was spent adding those in if they are useless.

Ohh...a vent system...wait...no need to go blasting now...give me some weapon with a silencer and by the time I reach the end of that vent I'll have finished...wait...what's the point of the game...killing everyone or killing just a few or just reaching some point in that building? Maybe it's just sneaking past every enemy in the building while carrying all that equipment? (so that's why we'll have all that useless stuff..just to slow us down..ok)

I hope you guys look into this as we are deleting the demos to non playable and are only going to show images.
So you have a demo? Where? You're gonna delete it? Why would you delete the only proof you have that the game is actually being worked on?

We need $500 USD. The reason is we need to get better equipment so the game can look more defined and atmospheric. We also are planning to port over to CryEngine, and we need money to buy a commercial license. This money will also help for assets we can buy and use scripts to put into our game! If you support you will get premium inside the game and on the forums! You will also get a tag that glows green and looks like [GoGoSup+].

So with 500 you want to get a licence to CryEngine AND get some assets AND get some scripts? (guess the game will have no sounds then). Sounds like a ton of cheap stuff then.
And for the people's generosity you will offer "premium inside the game"? (maybe a VIP ticket to some night club in the game?) Oh...and there's a "tag that glows green and looks like [GoGoSup+]"?

Ok...so I'll spend cash on a tactical shooter that takes place in a building of sorts, where the objective is probably  to sneak a ton of  useless equipment by a "load" of enemies, while being equipped with a camera that takes pictures of the enemies and while we can tickle our enemies until they jump out the window. And all this will actually have a purpose that will be added after the developers get some new equipment and start from scratch using a different engine. And in the meantime they will even remove the only demo of the game that they haven't even made public.

In it's current state of the post you have, that is what most people will see and learn about your game. And even if you raise the cash and do finish the game it will disappoint them because they will imagine the final product in a certain way and you will present it in a different way.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

rrzl

Is that counterstrike de-dust 2. Haven't played it in years, but I still recognize it.
Are you using it as a placeholder? Why is it so dark?
I suggest you work on it more, for a few more months.
Avoid using placeholder/programmer's graphic.
Polish slightly with your own stuff. That way you'll get a better chance.
From your description, sounds to me like you are making a counterstrike clone or something.
If you want to get a funding, try to avoid doing clones, be more unique, unless you can make a better one.

Alexin

This board is for Stencyl games. Take this somewhere else, please.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Max Finch

I too wouldn't drop a dime on this and here's why:

The CS series not only looks like your game, but is more polished and available for like what? $20 all together?

I own Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, ARMA III, Crysis 2, Crysis 3, and various other games that have so much too them. Why would I spend money on something that I can get off steam or somewhere else for at most $60?

You have to have something that stands out in your game. You have to have a gameplay experience that's worth chucking $50 at because you really want to experience that experience. No one is going to donate when they can already buy and play your game off steam.

Hell, I have Modern Combat 5 on my iPad and that was $6!

GameDev408

I too wouldn't drop a dime on this and here's why:

The CS series not only looks like your game, but is more polished and available for like what? $20 all together?

I own Battlefield Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, ARMA III, Crysis 2, Crysis 3, and various other games that have so much too them. Why would I spend money on something that I can get off steam or somewhere else for at most $60?

You have to have something that stands out in your game. You have to have a gameplay experience that's worth chucking $50 at because you really want to experience that experience. No one is going to donate when they can already buy and play your game off steam.

Hell, I have Modern Combat 5 on my iPad and that was $6!

I don't think the objective of backing crowdfunding projects is to get the cheapest deal possible from a game and expect the highest quality. But, rather to help a team pursue their project and continuing advancing in their project. Now, in this case, it depends on whether or not you believe the game has the potential to be successful. That is up to the backers to decide :)

My 2 cents.

Max Finch

There's a difference between expecting an indie game to have AAA quality and an indie game standing out from the crowd.

I'm not saying I won't back because this game doesn't have the quality Battlefield or ARMA has, but rather it doesn't stand out from every other FPS that I own. In fact, every FPS I own has something different while this one is very basic.

Make it different, make it stand out from every other FPS and I'd fund it.

SadiQ

Now, in this case, it depends on whether or not you believe the game has the potential to be successful. That is up to the backers to decide :)

I don't believe people back up a project because they think it will be a hit or not. I believe they back up a project because it has something to offer that will provide a great playing experience (as Max said).
 Some projects can offer a unique twist to something they already experienced, some provide a brand new experience due to it's unique aspects, and some projects simply provide the same experience that the backer enjoyed in the past and they want to enjoy it once again.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.